Working out and being active are two of the best ways to improve your health, and taking advantage of outdoor workouts is a great alternative to the gym and indoor classes. Get outside and get moving, bring a friend and start a new exercise routine today.
We have compiled a list of some of the best calorie burning workouts. The activities on our list will burn at least 500 calories per hour for the average woman weighing 150 pounds. Men will burn more calories doing the same workout as a woman.
* Rollerblading can burn up to a staggering 900 calories per hour.
* Running 6miles per hour will burn 850 calories.
* Elliptical machine at a very hard level can burn up to 700 calories per hour.
* Aqua aerobics performed at an intense level can burn up to 700 calories per hour. This low impact workout is brilliant for any one suffering from injuries or joint problems, and is also great for toning muscles.
* Rowing at an intense pace will burn 700 calories per hour.
* Jump rope. This inexpensive piece of workout equipment has to be great value for calorie burning. Anintense session with a rope (125 jumps/minute) can burn 850 calories per hour. A moderate workout at 70 jumps/minute will burn 700 calories.
* StairMaster. An intense workout on the StairMaster can burn up to 700 calories per hour.
* Power walking will burn 600 calories per hour. (Note that this is better than jogging at 5 miles/hour for calorie burning.)
* Exercise bikes can burn anywhere between 550-700 calories per hour depending on the intensity of the program.
* Jogging 5 miles per hour will burn 500 calories.
* Aerobics at high impact will burn approximately 500 calories per hour.
* Cross country skiing uses about 500 calories per hour.
* Swimming vigorously will burn 500 calories per hour.