Belly dance or Bellydance is a “Western” term for a traditional “Middle Eastern” dance (sometimes also called Middle Eastern dance or Arabic dance in the West).
In fact, Belly dance is just a misnomer as every part of the body is involved in the dance not only the belly, but the most featured body part usually is the hips and the pelvis also. Belly dance takes many different forms from country to region, both in costume and dance style, and new styles have evolved in the West as its popularity has spread globally.
Most of the movements in belly dancing involve isolating different parts of the body (hips, shoulders, chest, stomach etc.)
– Hip twist: fast knees movement combines with shoulders waves some times.
– Arm waves: it reveals the dancer body most gracefully and beautifully.
– Hip thrust ( Hip bump): it is considered to be the basic movement of belly dance.
– Undulations: the most well known is probably the rotating movements of the chest forward, up, back and down to create the impression of riding a camel.
Benefits: Both health and beauty with belly dance
According to Dr. Carolle Jean-Murat, M.D., belly dance can burn up to 300 calories per hour. This estimate will vary, of course, depending on the intensity of your dancing. Combined with a healthy diet that involves sensible eating, belly dance can without a doubt be part of a sound weight loss program.
In this day and age of almost continuous stress, the subtle rhythms of belly dance and the traditional movements are calming. The repetitive movements of the dance and the concentration needed to do them can help a mind filled with daily stress to “let go” for a while and relax.
Improved posture and muscle toning:
The movements of hip drops, circles, figure eights, and shimmies put the joints and ligaments in the lower back and hip through a full range of gentle, repetitive motion. This movement helps increase the flow of synovial fluid (nature’s lubricant) in these joints. When movements are done properly, the pelvis is tipped forward, or tucked somewhat; neutral positions that can help prevent lower back problems. Belly dance can help relieve stress to the back, counteracting the almost constant compression of the disks that occurs from sitting and a sedentary lifestyle.
This remedy has the ability to tone the muscles that are important at this very moment and also will teach you how to move your hips and pelvis more efficiently.Those who are keen to opt for the natural birth alternative will be thrilled to find out more on how the conditions for an easier birth can be created with the help of a regular belly dancing routine preceding the labor period.
How to learn belly dance effectively?
Anyone can learn and enjoy belly dance!
The basic belly dance foundation movements are not too difficult for most people
Depending on your purposes for learning belly dance; there will be different belly dance lessons. That is the reason why you should discuss with the teacher to have the most suitable dances.
– Belly dance may be very difficult at the beginning and many learners gave up. You should be interested in practicing, gradually enjoy it for starting and about one month your body will be familiar with the movements.
– Belly dance does not make your bone or back pain as many people said. Those can caused by wrong method. Therefore, your body should be relaxed and gently.
– A certain thing: keeping your inspiration and interest with every belly dance movements. Then you also should listen to and feel the music tone.
– Patient and frequent attitude. Belly dance is easy to practice in a beauty center or even at home.
Yoga – Spiritual discipline
People often think that Yoga is not a quickly weight loss method as others. However, a yoga lesson also costs you about 240 calories an hour with a traditional lesson and over 400 calories with a hard one. It is just a bit lower than some other method such as running, aerobic, etc. But, it will take you about 5 – 6 months to see the effect. The most advantages of Yoga belongs to spiritual side which means there will be optimistic life style, brilliant mind, long aging and a good health.
Practicing Yoga should:
– Patient: a few minute daily practice and keep it frequent. It is the best if you practice Yoga with an empty stomach or 3 hours after main meal and 30 minutes after drinking.
– After each practice, take a 5-10 minute rest to keep your energy and then have a cup of fresh water or milk.
– It should be noticed to those who are suffer from high or low blood pressure with the handstand movements.
– To those who are trouble with back pain or sciatica should keep from bending or twisting movement, as these can cause pain or lead to other symptoms such as tingling or numb feet. You should bend your knees when exercises hunched forward.
– Never overload your body to avoid excessive pressure or it would be counterproductive. The most important notice is choosing the most suitable movements for yourself.
– Base on the practicing purpose, physical condition, age, gender, characteristic and context, you should choose the best lesson. Every lesson is isolated for every different people.