Raisins that are come from fresh grapes are indeed rich and dense natural sources of energy, vitamins, electrolytes, and minerals. Raisins are also a wonderful additions of bakery items, desserts, and any favorite snacks that you can feel free to enjoy this natural candy.
What are nutrition facts of raisin and how can it be home remedies?
1. Constipation: Upon ingestion, fibers in raisins swell as they absorb water, thus promoting a laxative effect and thereby relieving constipation. Regular intake of raisins helps in maintaining regular bowel movement, with the fibers sweeping away the toxins and waste materials from the gastrointestinal tract
2. Weight Gain: The amount of fructose and glucose present in raisins make it an excellent source of energy. They also help in weight gain without accumulating cholesterol. The presence of vitamins, amino acids and minerals such as selenium, phosphorus, iron and magnesium facilitate absorption of other nutrients and proteins in the body.
3. Iron deficiency: Raisins are rich in iron, copper and other constituents of vitamin B-complex, which help in the formation of red blood cells and reduce the risk of anemia. Consumption of a good amount of raisins also promotes blood clotting and speeds up the process of healing after an injury. One cup of raisins provides about 6 mg of iron–17 percent of your daily requirement.
4. Fever: Raisins contain phenolic phytonutrients, which are known for their germicidal, antibiotic and antioxidant properties. They help in preventing and curing fever by fighting viral and bacterial infections. The dried fruits are also rich in vitamin A, A-beta carotene and A-carotenoid that are good for ocular health as they protect the eyes from damage.
5. Sexual weaknesses: amino acid called arginine is known to stimulate libido and induce arousal. Amazingly, raisins are an excellent source of this acid.
These small dried fruits which are adored for their bittersweet taste are not small in their beneficial for health. Next time, try your dessert with more raisins.