The best vegetable additional for decorating dishes is cucumber, and the best and easiest way to increase your water consumption, you know, is also from cucumber. The pleasing taste of this crunchy, juicy fruit (some also consider it as vegetable) can be both a yum ingredients for your diet menu and an excellent source of nutritiens for your health.
- Cucumber is a natural water supply helping in preventing body from hydrated. Not only is the cucumber a nutritious water but it also assist in eliminating toxic elements by flushing them out.
- Interestingly, cucumbers are known as one of the richest source of vitamin. In fact, one 133 g cup of cucumber contains mainly 118 IU of vitamin A, 4 mg of vitamin C, 40 mcg of vitamin E and a relatively high amount of vitamin K, which is necessary for increasing bone mass and promoting osteotrophic activity in the joints. The vitamin is also a known remedy for limiting neuronal damage in the brain in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- With high amounts of potassium, magnesium and some traces of sodium, cucumber juice is capable of regulating the levels of blood pressure. Thus, cucumber makes an excellent remedy in treating both low and high blood pressure. Tip is eating the cucumber with skin intact as the thin cucumber skin is rich in fibre and contains a variety of beneficial minerals especially silica, potassium and magnesium.
- The dietary fibres regulate cholesterol level and support bowel regularity.
- Cucumber juice is alkaline in nature, owing to the presence of several minerals. This is effective in curing acidity by neutralizing the pH content. Besides being a cooling remedy, cucumbers provide soothing effects to gastric ulcers.
- Cucumbers contain silicon and sulphur, which are highly effective in stimulating healthy hair growth. Combine equal portions of cucumber juice with the juices of carrot, lettuce or spinach and consume.
- A particular kind of hormone is required by the pancreas to produce more insulin. Cucumbers contain that component in abundance. Also, they contain nutrient carbohydrates that can be digested easily. In short, cucumbers can be conveniently consumed by diabetics.
- Cucumbers are great foods to lose weight. The high water content and almost low calories makes it a top contender on the weight loss diet plan. Not to forget, this fruit suppresses hunger pangs and cravings.
- Studies show that consumption of cucumbers help in regulating uric acid, which in turn, are extremely useful for preventing the formation of bladder stones. Serving fresh cucumber is the easy way to shrug off the renal disorder. It also lowers down the level of uric acid as well.
- The hard skin of cucumber contains silica, which is essential for maintaining the connective tissue in the skin. This leads to healthier skin, cartilage, bone, tendons, ligaments and muscles.
- Cucumbers are known to cure skin problems such as sunburns and bags under the eyes.
- When combined with olive oil, cucumber works as an excellent cure for blackheads, acne, boils and other skin diseases. Due to the presence of vitamins A, B and C, regular consumption of cucumbers result in a healthy and glowing skin.
For those reasons above, the most nutritious stuff that you should add more to your diet can else foods but cucumber. A low calories cucumber strawberry salad bowl may be waiting for you!