So far, skin care rituals are considered only for women. However, this opinion is no longer totally right at the moment as men also need to protect and nourish their skin, keeping it looking younger longer. There are many different tips or guides for men on skin care though they are less elaborate, in fact.
Washing and shaving are not enough for a great grooming look during a day. A men’s guide to skin care includes more than that.
Essential skin care products
There are some skin care product should be on hand and used daily if men want to possess a good look before going out for business. They are:
- Face cleanser. men skin feature is not the same as women. There are specific face cleanser for men only. If possible, it should contain an alpha hydroxy acid to help wash away dead skin cells, keep the pores clean, and reveal new skin. Cleaning face twice a day.
- Shaving cream. Shaving is a should-have duty every morning for a clean face. You can choose a shaving cream or gel in pressurized cans, or you can buy shaving soap that comes in a small tub and is applied with a brush. Some men believe the brush makes the hair stand straighter for easier shaving.
- Aftershave lotion. Many men use an aftershave lotion to soothe the skin after shaving. The lotion may contain an antiseptic to prevent infection, a moisturizer, or fragrance. Apply this lotion will bring a smoother skin and
- Skin nourish product such as moisturizer or sunscreen: they will nourish and protect skin from dry or sun radiations and aging process. Do not under-evaluate this tip because like women skin, men is also aging and easily to get wrinkles caused by aging.
Step-by-step Shaving guide
To shave properly, follow these steps:
- Soften your beard. Thoroughly wet your face with hot water. Prior to wetting the beard, you might even want to apply a warm washcloth to further soften hairs.
- Apply shaving cream. Cover your entire beard with shaving cream. Work it in well to make the hairs stand up and to lubricate the skin.
- Shave. Use a sharp razor, and shave in the direction the hairs lay. Avoid repeating strokes, and keep your skin relaxed.
- Rinse. Rinse the remaining shaving cream off your face. Use cool or warm water, as hot water will dry out your skin.
These tips above are essential for all men, get started from now to have a great grooming look.