Moms are those who have little time for themself for beauty spa. However, with these home tips below, moms no need to waste time and pay spa prices for a manicure. She still get polished and painted in minutes for tonight New Year’s Eve.
1. Remove. Take off old color with acetone polish remover on a cotton ball. (Note: Don’t use a tissue, it will fall apart and doesn’t absorb the remover well.)
2. Trim. Cut and file nails as your expected style. For shape, there are two main options: square or rounded. And neither form will chip more than the other. If you prefer modern style, choose square shape.
3. Soak. Rest hands in a bowl of warm water for five minutes. Add two tablespoons of a bath powder or your favorite liquid soap to soften nails. Make sure the water’s not too hot or it will dry out your hands and nails. (If you don’t have time, you can skip this step.)
4. Soften. Apply cuticle oil or lotion on dry hands to nourish and soften rough spots. (olive oil can also work well to soften your nails)
6. Scrub. Exfoliate hands with a body scrub or homemade mixture of olive oil and kosher salt or raw sugar. Scrub for two to three minutes, then wash thoroughly.
7. Moisturize. Dry hands and apply a rich moisturizer.
8. Polish. Apply a base coat first, then apply two thin coats of polish. Finish with a top coat if you haven’t used one yet. Often, light polish is easier to maintain than dark polish.
9. Paint. If you have pastime, paint your nails and make it more impressive and fresh.
Tips of season: for spring or summer, as the weather warms up, your nails should go from subdued to vivid and lively. How about the purple shade that is the really beautiful color. Added a hot pink shade is a great way to wake up your beauty look. Especially for this festival season and holiday parties, suggested melon pink shade that contains light-reflecting particles will make your nails sparkle in the sunlight, how wonderful it is when dressing up your nails matching with clothing hue.
Esthetic expert Marie Scalogna.