In times of pregnancy, when women are battling mood swings at varying levels, fatigue and sickness, painful leg cramps and breathing problems; yoga exercises, techniques and postures ease all such conditions ensuring a period of relieved nine months followed by an easier labour and smooth delivery. So you can sign up an antenatal yoga class or choose to exercise at home, all depends on you. This article has some tips for you if you’re going to classes, or doing exercises at home.
We know that yoga is one of the most popular exercises for women all over the world. Not only does this exercise allow the body to be strengthened and to become more fit, but many participants also use this time to de-stress and reflect on life. The practice of yoga involves the unification of the body and the mind. Practicing yoga is a great exercise for pregnant women, as this activity will not put unnecessary strain on the body. It will help you to have smooth pregnancy and a natural childbirth but But more importantly, yoga does wonders on the physical and mental development of the foetus. Ensuring a healthy baby is every woman’s dream and yoga helps you do just that.
Normally yoga includes 5 main tools for pregnancy: Yoga Exercise, Breathing or Pranayama, Mudras — and Bandhas, Meditatio, and Deep Relaxation. When you learn to combine them together, these yoga exercises will work wonders on your health and your capability to have a smooth pregnancy. There are some benefits of yoga for pregnant women that you really need to know.
1. Yoga reduces the anxiety and stress and induces a relaxing sleep. It helps women adapt to the new situations.
2. Yoga improves the blood circulation and minimizes the problems of water retention and edema.
3. Yoga strengthens the abdominal muscles which take part in pushing the baby through the birth canal.
4. Yoga is a safe way for strengthening muscles and joints.
5. It successfully expels toxins from the body and improves digestion.
6. Breathing exercises reduce mood swings, nausea and morning sickness.
7. Yoga stimulates the nerves and calms the body and mind. Breathing exercises regulate the hormones and emotions.
8. Regular practice of yoga stretches many ligaments throughout the pelvic, hip and leg areas, which eases labor pain.
9. Yoga improves the posture and thus helps in easing back problems which are common in most of the pregnant women.
10. It regulates blood pressure and sugar levels in body and thus helps in preventing the risk of getting diabetes and high blood pressure during pregnancy.
In conclusion, Yoga can be very beneficial for pregnant women — it helps you breathe and relax, which in turn can help you adjust to the physical demands of pregnancy, labor, birth, and motherhood. It calms both mind and body, providing the physical and emotional stress relief your body needs throughout the experience of pregnancy. Taking a prenatal yoga class is also a great way to meet other moms-to-be and embark on this journey together.
Ensuring a healthy baby and give your child an opportunity for best development is every woman’s dream and yoga helps you do just that. So do not hesitate, sign up a yoga course for pregnancy and you will find the benefits of it.