* Moisturizers, especially those that contain urea and lactic acid
* Topical steroids — for areas that get very inflamed and itchy
- Avoid excess exposure to water
- Keep the bath water relatively cool
- Use gentle skin cleansers that do not contain dyes and fragrances
Review Date : 10/11/2008
Reviewed By : Kevin Berman, MD, PhD, Atlanta Center for Dermatologic Disease, Atlanta, GA. Review provided by VeriMed Healthcare Network. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M., Inc.