Baby skin is extremely sensitive, delicate and easily vulnerable. One of the most common problems is diaper rash which can cause baby’s skin red, itchy, scaly rash patch in the diaper area and legs.The main cause is often due to bad quality or ill-fitted diapers as some parents lack of noticing the baby’s damp diaper. Consequently, it comes in contact with the baby’s skin and makes it bad-tempered and develops skin rashes.
When your baby are suffered from diaper rash, you can:
- Loose the diaper of if need, let baby be in diaper-free condition for 15-30 minutes a few times a day.
- Wash the baby’s underneath with warm water and dry well. Then spread Vegetable Oil on the baby’s diaper rash.
- Treated with simple oil such as chickweed or other suggested herbal oil by doctors.
- Mix corn starch and Vaseline to make a paste and spread on the baby’s diaper rash.
- Fill up the baby’s tub with water and add several oatmeal. Put the baby in the bath and wash the region that has the diaper rash for 15 minutes.
However, there is no treatment better than prevention as soon as possible. Smart parents are those who will:
- buy special baby cream, powder or lotion which suitable for delicate, thin baby skin.
- not leave a baby in wet diapers; and change them in a timely manner. Often, it is time before and after sleep, walk, feeding, and, of course, every time a child defecates.
- choose a good diaper for baby. Commonly, disposable diapers is preferred to fabric nappies since its moisture well-absorbed capability. Diaper size is a matter, choose one which fit your baby comfortably.
Seeing some of redness on baby skin and wondering whether it can be diaper rash, parent should not be too worried but carefully check out the cause, diagnosis the symptoms and start to treat it. Hopefully, the tips above will be partly helpful.