Memory loss is a typical problem that occurs with age. However, there are a variety of things you can do to help slow the loss of memory or even boost memory. Natural medicine and memory exercises are safe, effective and affordable solutions to keep your mind and memory sharp as you grow old gracefully. This article will introduce you some ways to treat memory loss with natural medicine.
- Include natural omega-3 fatty acids as a part of your regular diet. Omega-3 fatty acids have shown to help stimulate brain activity, boost memory and even improve mental awareness. Natural sources of omega-3 include nuts, seafood, fish and flaxseed.
- Take Gingko biloba, one of the more popular natural medicines to prevent memory loss. Ginkgo biloba increases blood circulation in the brain and contains important antioxidants that work against harmful free radicals. Read the manufacturer’s label for dosage information.
- Add fresh rosemary as often as possible to your culinary dishes. Rosemary is thought to stimulate brain function, improve memory and enhance concentration. You may also use rosemary essential oils in potpourris, aromatic baths or as perfume to help enhance brain function and memory.
- Boost your memory by taking antioxidant supplements such as Vitamin E and Vitamin C. Studies have shown that regular supplements of the natural medicines Vitamin E and C not only help to prevent memory loss, they can boost cognitive function, protect the brain from minor strokes which cause dementia and reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for dosage information.
Tips & Warnings
• Maintain your mind active by reading, playing word or number games, writing and memorizing your favorite music or poetry. Focusing on new information for a few minutes everyday helps your brain to create new neuro-pathways, improving your memory.
• Get daily exercise and plenty of good sleep to help take care of your memory. Increased oxygen flows to your brain during exercise and plenty of healing rest can enhance brain chemicals and protect brain cells, helping to avoid memory loss and even enhance memory.