When it comes to acne, most of us envision the face and the neck area. However, if body acne is more common than we thought, it just seldom talked about. Do you want to let go of irritable pimples covering your chest, back, arms and bottom? Acne suffered problem may be inflammatory, non-inflammatory or a combination of both so that without proper treatment, we can turn it from mild to seriously severe.
The number one rule is keep your body clean. Cleansing your skin daily and exfoliating weekly can help prevent pores from becoming clogged. Showering daily can help keep your skin clean and free of bacteria. Use a soft sponge and mild body wash and make sure you clean every part of your body – including hard-to-reach areas such as your back. However, the second rule afterward is Make sure you cleanse your skin no more than twice a day, and use warm water and gentle cleansers. Showering too frequently, scrubbing your skin too hard, bathing in hot water, or using harsh, antibacterial soaps can actually make your skin worse.
Stress-free lifestyle with healthy diet
It’s always a good idea to eat a healthy, balanced diet. Not only is a balanced diet important to an overall healthier self, but it’s also good for the health of your skin. Eat foods that are high in antioxidants, like fruits, vegetables and whole grains – antioxidants help combat free radicals, which can cause fine lines and wrinkles. Stress can worsen acne because it affects your body’s hormone production. When you’re stressed, your adrenal glands produce more cortisol, and this change in hormone levels causes your sebaceous glands to produce more oil. This excess sebum in your skin makes it easier for your pores to become clogged.
Now is 12 key rules for a healthy skin free from pimples from top to toe you should learn by heart.
1. Regularly take shower and use an anti-bacterial soap or salicylic acid-based body wash while bathing.
2. Don’t allow sweat to settle on your body, for it attaches dust, dirt and germs, further clogging pores and exacerbating acne conditions. Keep wiping with a clean towel.
3. A cream or ointment containing benzyl peroxide could be quite helpful.
4. Gently massage Aloe Vera gel on acne affected regions. This would soothe and heal the lesions.
5. Mix yoghurt and lime juice or strawberry juice and apply on acne affected regions. This will cure body acne.
6. Make a paste of cucumber and apply on skin. Rinse off after 20 minutes. This is an effective home remedy for body acne.
7. Application of tea tree oil also heals body acne.
8. Keep your hands away from acne affected face, for it will only help in carrying the bacteria, dirt and oil to the rest of the body. Wash hands time and again.
9. Bed linens should be kept clean. If the linen is dirty, your skin will acquire the dirt when you lie on it. This will congest and infect pores, worsening body acne.
10 Avoid refined sugar, iodine-rich food, dairy products, hydrogenated oils and fatty, junk food
11. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day to flush out toxins from body.
12. Take zinc and Vitamin A supplements to tackle body acne problem.