Garlic so far is known as a essential spice in every recipes. But now, you can take its medical advantages to treat some common ailments at home.
To ease pain caused by bites, headaches, heart diseases, cancer, pimples, measles and many more, people have used garlic for years. Furthermore, garlic also prevents infections such as the common cold, cough because of its Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal and Anti-viral property.
Garlic characteristic smell can be the explanation for its health benefits. The smelly garlic is not only an ideal ingredient for your favorite gravy, salad dressings or garnish for many dishes but also the antibacterial agent. Do not hesitate to use some garlic because of its bad breath, it is just a tiny problem while its health benefits are much more accountable.
Home remedies from garlic
1. Treat cold and flu
It is surprising that garlic can defense cold and flu symptom without any side effects. If you have cold and flu, then take small amount of garlic every day until the infection disappears. A suggested dose would be two or three cloves of raw or cooked garlic a day.
2. Glow skin surface
For teens, just take two cloves of raw garlic regularly with warm water early in the morning to reduce horrid acne, blemishes, blackheads. It works as a blood cleanser and clean your system internally. At the same time, keep chocolates, spicy or oily food away during this treatment and rinse your face five times a day with cold water.
3. Reduce cholesterol
Combine garlic into your meal will work well with cholesterol level reduction. Garlic is a proven anti-oxidant property which might help to prevent LDL (Low Density Lipo Protein) from being oxidized. In this way the cholesterol build-up that clogs the arteries could perhaps be reduced by garlic. Take garlic frequently for heart benefit.
4. If any insect bites you at the seaside, you just crush the garlic and apply it to the affected area to reduce pain and to remove poison.
5. If you have Earache, put two or three drops of warm garlic oil in the ears.
Precautions when using garlic as home remedies
1. You should not consume more than three to four raw cloves of garlic a day.
2. Take medical advices if you are heart-related patient or Asthma.
3. It’s best to avoid garlic before any surgery because it could probably disturb Anticoagulants.
4. If you are on any medication, always check with your doctor first before taking raw garlic.
5. Raw garlic can burn delicate skin! Do not use directly on skin if your skin is sensitive or susceptible to rashes or other skin reactions without consulting your doctor first.
So now, you can make a consideration for using more garlic into your favorite salads or soups. Make sure your crush and chop it up. This will help release the active compounds.