Cold or flu is one of the common symptom most in winter, easy to be suffered but also simple to cure. When someone having cold, they will have typical symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, scratchy, sore throat, cough, headache, etc.
Ofte, cold can be treated with adjusting diet, having rest or using antibiotics. However, there cannot be better than a natural remedies at home. Up to now, many people are still prone to use these home therapies each time there exist cold symptoms.
If you are suffering these specific symptoms, you can take the equal remedies.
To treat general symptoms:
- Make an infusion of a teaspoon of bay leaves, a cinnamon and sage in a cup of boiling water.
- Stir two tablespoons of honey and two of apple cider vinegar in a glass of hot or cold water and drink three glasses during the day.
- Heat, without actually boiling, one cup of milk, which must pour a tablespoon of butter, ground black pepper. Instead of butter and pepper Use 1 / 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or ginger, more honey to taste.
To treat chest congestion:
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with enough horseradish
- Prepare a poultice of mustard for chest congestion caused by colds or flu. To do so, forms a paste with equal parts dry mustard and flour mixed with warm water. Before you apply the plaster, it must cover the breast with olive oil ..
To treat stuffy nose:
- Keep a clove of garlic between your teeth and the inside of the cheek, lightly bitten, but not chew or swallow it helps fight colds and nasal congestion.
- Wash your nose with salt water.
To enhance the body’s health:
- Onion syrup: you need a large onion, 2 glasses of white wine and 150 g of honey. It is prepared in a clay pot, which takes a large onion, peeled and chopped and added two glasses of white wine. Allow to marinate 24 hours. After that time, strained, and add the honey, and dissolve easily. Once well blended, stored in a glass jar. It takes half a glass, four times a day: fasting, at midmorning, mid afternoon and before bedtime. Continue treatment for about a week.
- Hot chicken soup with onions.
- Crush a piece of grapefruit skin and pour, with a hint of mint and 2 fresh sage leaves in a cup of boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes, strain, sweeten with honey and take 2 cups a day.
- Use a teaspoon of grated elderberries per cup, allow to stand in boiling water for twelve minutes. Three cups a day.
To be cold-free with steaming therapy:
- Inhaling steam for 10 minutes twice a day. You do this by covering the head with a towel and, with eyes closed, inhale the fumes coming out of a bowl with boiling water. To enhance the effect, inhale the eucalyptus infused steam or juniper.
These natural therapies do not always heal all symptoms of cold if severe, they can not be replaced medicine or specialized treatments by doctors. Go for a doctor to take advices for any thing you are not sure about.