Prostate Cancer Overview
Prostate cancer is cancer that happens in a man’s prostate — a small walnut-shaped gland that produces the seminal fluid that nourishes and transports sperm. Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in men. Prostate cancer usually grows slowly and initially remains confined to the prostate gland, where it may not cause serious harm. While some types of prostate cancer grow slowly and may need minimal or no treatment, other types are aggressive and can spread quickly.
- Trouble urinating
- Decreased force in the stream of urine
- Blood in the urine
- Blood in the semen
- Swelling in the legs
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Bone pain etc..
In fact, it’s not clear what causes prostate cancer, however, Prostate cancer is the third most common cause of death from cancer in men of all ages and is the most common cause of death from cancer in men over age 75. There are some risks factors that can develop this disease :
- African-American men, who are also likely to develop cancer at every age
- Men who are older than 60
- Men who have a father or brother with prostate cancer
- Men exposed to agent orange exposure
- Men who abuse alcohol
- Farmers or Painters
- Men who eat a diet high in fact, especially animal fat
- Tire plant workers
- Men who have been exposed to cadmium
Like many cancer diseases, this disease will include many treatment like: Surgery; Radiation therapy; Hormone therapy or Chemotherapy and immunotherapy are used to treat prostate cancers that no Viagra 100mg longer respond to hormone treatment. An oncology specialist will usually recommend a single drug or a combination of drugs.
Source: http://health.nytimes.com | http://www.mayoclinic.com